We modified the following in order to improve the robot.

  • We redesigned and repositioned the seating servo and plate. The servo was hanging over the seating pan, making it difficult to clear this obstruction as the stone was being lifted. The area above the pan is now clear and open. See below.
  • We placed rubber tape on the ends of the foundation clamp servo arms. This improves the gripping ability of the arms. See below.
  • We installed a mounting plate under the battery holder.
  • We installed a mounting plate and support for the RC phone.
  • – We installed reinforcing straps on the structure that supports the seating servo and seating plate.
  • We placed rubber tape on the ends of the foundation clamp servo arms. This improves the gripping ability of the arms. See below.